Thursday, January 15, 2009

Craving God's Word Like...

1 Peter 2:2 says, "Like newborn babies, long for the pure milk of the word, so that by it you may grow in respect to salvation."

I have always known that this verse is a powerful reminder of what my attitude SHOULD be towards God's Word, but it has really come alive since having children.  Our second daughter, Madelyn, exemplifies this truth perfectly.  She is like clockwork.  Every three hours she CRAVES milk.  I'm not talking about "can I have milk please" crave.  I'm talking about "If you don't give me some milk I will eat my left arm" crave.  It's so funny watching her try to bite the air in her attempts to communicate her desire.  

This all makes me think of my desire to be fed by the Word.  Do I CRAVE the Word as much as Madelyn craves milk?  Do I get unsettled in my spirit when I don't get my daily dosage?  

Questions for you: What can you do TODAY that will spark that spiritual longing once again?  

No comments:

Post a Comment